One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Play (a hole) in par.
- ‘I parred the hole and won by two shots over Gil Morgan, who birdied the final hole.’
- ‘Both players parred the closing hole, just missing lengthy birdie putts.’
- ‘We parred the first hole, but on the second hole, I hit my tee shot in a fairway bunker and he just killed his drive right down the middle.’
- ‘Faldo parred every single hole to capture that first major.’
- ‘Herb lost out when he three putted the 18th to take a bogey instead of parring the hole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.