One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Play (a hole) in par.
- ‘We parred the first hole, but on the second hole, I hit my tee shot in a fairway bunker and he just killed his drive right down the middle.’
- ‘Both players parred the closing hole, just missing lengthy birdie putts.’
- ‘Herb lost out when he three putted the 18th to take a bogey instead of parring the hole.’
- ‘Faldo parred every single hole to capture that first major.’
- ‘I parred the hole and won by two shots over Gil Morgan, who birdied the final hole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.