One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Papua New Guinea or its people.‘the Papua New Guinean flag’
- ‘In the national election this year, three Papua New Guinean women won seats in the 111-member Parliament.’
- ‘The Papua New Guinean scrum half is making rapid progress in the treatment room and could return to the starting line-up to take on the Rhinos.’
- ‘The agreement will possibly lead to Thai investors investing in the Papua New Guinean agricultural and food sectors.’
- ‘An overnight docking might involve a visit into remote Papua New Guinean territory to see a local tribe perform a traditional ceremony.’
- ‘Local names were conferred on several beetles found in the Papua New Guinean rainforest, which is teeming with wildlife.’
A native or inhabitant of Papua New Guinea.‘Papua New Guineans possess a conservation ethic’
- ‘The Papua New Guineans started the second half with new resolve.’
- ‘Costigan is not the first Papua New Guinean to sign for the Robins.’
- ‘Australia looks forward to working with whichever government Papua New Guineans elect.’
- ‘He said that the vast majority of Papua New Guineans (more than 80 per cent) rely on agriculture.’
- ‘His dilemma is that of a modern, professional Papua New Guinean closely connected to ancient networks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.