One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thin East Indian bread made with lentil flour.
- ‘Steaming hot idlis served with spicy chutney, rasa vadai and pappadams soon caught the imagination of customers.’
- ‘The cook, Krishna Lama, conjures a meal of buffalo schnitzel, pappadams, fried chicken and banana custard, all prepared on a ‘stove’ of three rocks and four aluminium pots.’
- ‘Thanks to the large presence of Keralites in Bangalore, one finds banana chips, payasams, pickles and pappadams all over the place.’
- ‘Shopkeepers say that Onam buyers prefer the large hand-made ‘pappadams’ that come from small-scale units in the Karunagapalli and Ochira areas on the border of Kollam-Alappuzha districts.’
- ‘We will serve idli-sambar, upma and puttu for breakfast, and rice with sambar, pulissery, aviyal, thoran and pappadam for lunch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.