Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of DNA viruses that cause the formation of papillomas or warts.
- ‘Genital warts are caused by certain types of the human papillomavirus (HPV).’
- ‘Nearly every woman who contracts cancer of the cervix is also infected with the human papillomavirus (HPV).’
- ‘Her Papanicolaou test revealed a lowgrade squamous intraepithelial lesion suggestive of human papillomavirus, with subsequent biopsy confirmation.’
- ‘Common, plantar, or flat warts are cutaneous manifestations of the human papillomavirus.’
- ‘All borderline or mildly dyskaryotic smear samples were tested for human papillomavirus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.