One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cardboard or pasteboard.
- ‘It has a matte, grainy cover made from a soft paperboard, with no paper jacket and a title only appearing on the book's spine.’
- ‘Ice cream makers, meanwhile, who have long topped paperboard cartons with paperboard lids, are using more plastic lids, at least on pint containers.’
- ‘Just about any grocery item that comes in a box is paperboard and can be recycled.’
- ‘Fluid milk packaging is still generally divided between paperboard and plastic packaging.’
- ‘Shelving and drawers are made from recycled paperboard and industrial shipping tubes, and wastebaskets from corrugated cardboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.