One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disposable cup made of thin cardboard.
- ‘What you are looking at is a machine that gives you coffee in a little paper cup.’
- ‘I looked over and noticed the coffee shop door opening and Mr. O'Connor walking out, a paper cup of coffee steaming in his hand.’
- ‘I sat alone in the small, windowless room with a water cooler and a paper cup.’
- ‘Vivian forced down the last swallow of cafeteria coffee, tossed the paper cup into the trashcan, and then headed back to Jeremy's room.’
- ‘Her cappuccino long finished, she followed Cody out and tossed the paper cup in the trash, waving as she headed for her car.’
paper cup/ˈpāpər kəp/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.