One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of pants and a matching jacket worn by women.
- ‘She was miraculously preserved in her pink Chanel pantsuit and black turtleneck.’
- ‘After getting her nails done she put on her black pants suit that always awarded her with attention, and just in case that didn't work, she wore her heels so you could hear when she was coming.’
- ‘Wear a silky bustier under your black tailored pantsuit.’
- ‘A woman in her late 30's looking very chic in a pantsuit and every hair in place was standing nearby.’
- ‘Dressed in a royal blue pantsuit, her hair clipped away from her face, her eyes covered in dark fashionable shades, she walked between them as they entered the bureau.’
- ‘At his side is a middle aged blonde woman, a bit on the frumpy side, dressed in a tan pants suit that doesn't flatter her.’
- ‘Spinning around, I saw an elderly woman in a lavender pantsuit sitting on a bench.’
- ‘The key is to pair an above-the-knee length dress in a non-clingy fabric over slim pants or even jeans, Kyla loves this pinstriped pantsuit.’
- ‘He went on to introduce stylish, tailored pantsuits in the 1970s, which remain a wardrobe staple of working women.’
- ‘She's dressed in a garish early '70s flowered pantsuit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.