One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Breathing with short, quick breaths; out of breath.‘a panting dog’
- ‘Recently, a cart laden with gas cylinders, pushed by two panting men, entered a one-way street near Metro Cinema in south Mumbai.’
- ‘I then heard panting noises near my face, which was the dog.’
- ‘Three strangely dressed men stand in the moonlight by three panting camels.’
- ‘Ryan's mind raised several questions, but just as he was about to voice the first, a heavily panting Melanie darted into the room.’
- ‘And his over-eager, panting insistence that Australia sign verges on the degrading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.