One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We walked down the famous 199 steps, enjoying the gorgeous view of the harbour and pantiled, crowded cottages.’
- ‘The red, pantiled roofed houses and shops spread like a wild necklace on both sides of the River Esk.’
- ‘One of the finest ways to see York is to follow the wall-top walk, with breathtaking views over the pantiled roofs to the Minster.’
- ‘This is a blissful vision of Italian arcadia, undulating olive groves, tall cypresses, distant farmhouses with red pantiled roofs and the silhouette of a slender castle tower on the horizon.’
- ‘Fishing villages with Venetian-style bell towers and red pantiled roofs cling to the shoreline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.