One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of curd cheese used in Indian, Iranian, and Afghan cooking.
- ‘There's the classic margherita, an Indian twist with paneer and pineapple and make-your-own topping choices as well.’
- ‘These include walnuts, almonds, coconut, sweet juicy, seasonal fruit such as pears, apples (cooked if possible), milk, and fresh cheeses such as panir or ricotta.’
- ‘The general liking for milk products such as ghee, yoghurt, and panir is a prominent feature.’
- ‘Indians don't seem to believe in one percent milk at all, and don't realize that the ready-made paneer they buy in Indian stores is made of whole milk, which is loaded with fat calories.’
- ‘Of course my veggie friends dabbled in such things like Cheese Tacos and grilled paneer and things like that.’
From Hindi or Persian panīr ‘cheese’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.