Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A psychiatric disorder in which debilitating anxiety and fear arise frequently and without reasonable cause.
- ‘Serotonin dysregulation has been implicated in the pathogenesis of anxiety disorders in general and panic disorder in particular.’
- ‘The isolation of panic disorder from anxiety neurosis corresponded to the development of anti-anxiety medications.’
- ‘These disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and agoraphobia, the fear of open spaces.’
- ‘In DSM-III, anxiety neurosis was divided into panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.’
- ‘Depression, panic disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder may all be treated effectively with antidepressant drugs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.