A psychiatric disorder in which debilitating anxiety and fear arise frequently and without reasonable cause.
- ‘In DSM-III, anxiety neurosis was divided into panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.’
- ‘Depression, panic disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder may all be treated effectively with antidepressant drugs.’
- ‘The isolation of panic disorder from anxiety neurosis corresponded to the development of anti-anxiety medications.’
- ‘These disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and agoraphobia, the fear of open spaces.’
- ‘Serotonin dysregulation has been implicated in the pathogenesis of anxiety disorders in general and panic disorder in particular.’