One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small enclosed delivery truck.
- ‘He played trombone, arranged music and drove a panel truck for the band.’
- ‘It was a panel truck with the call letters across the side.’
- ‘In the winter we planned to migrate to San Francisco, bringing all our beat furniture and broken belongings with us in a jalopy panel truck.’
- ‘In 1941 Patterson purchased a Dodge panel truck that was used to collect flies throughout the contiguous United States and much of Mexico.’
- ‘We watch as he pulls away, overtakes a large panel truck and, visually, becomes part of it.’
- ‘No all-wheel drive, no panel truck, and we're still waiting for the convertible.’
- ‘Our cargo hold contains four panel trucks loaded down with books from Book Depot to be delivered to their location in Iverson, Alexandrius.’
- ‘Vehicles covered include passenger cars, pickup and panel trucks, motorcycles, motor homes and mopeds - and leased vehicles, demonstrators and lease-purchase vehicles that are purchased for personal use.’
panel truck/ˈpanl trək/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.