Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Deficiency of all three cellular components of the blood (red cells, white cells, and platelets)
- ‘Despite initial pancytopenia and neutropenic sepsis, she has tolerated three cycles of chemotherapy.’
- ‘In contrast, another patient exhibited a normal blood smear, and the third had a blood smear with pancytopenia.’
- ‘One month after laparotomy, laboratory studies showed the development of pancytopenia with normocytic red cells.’
- ‘New warnings were added about rare cases of central nervous system demyelinating disorders and reports of pancytopenia, including aplastic anemia, which have at times been fatal.’
- ‘The peripheral blood smear showed pancytopenia with 3% plasma cells.’
1940s: from pan- all + cyto- cell + Greek penia poverty, lack.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.