One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The clear alkaline digestive fluid secreted by the pancreas.
- ‘He had no idea of the fluid's function - and we now know that pancreatic juice is unambiguously alkaline, because the cells lining the duct system secrete bicarbonate ions.’
- ‘During the gastric phase of pancreatic juice secretion, gastrin continues to be released in response to stomach distension and the presence of amino acids in the stomach.’
- ‘Food cannot be digested properly without pancreatic juice.’
- ‘The presence of lipids in the intestine stimulates the secretion of bile and pancreatic juice.’
- ‘In the duodenum, alkaline bile and pancreatic juice help neutralize the stomach contents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.