One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the pancreas.‘pancreatic enzymes’‘pancreatic cancer’
- ‘Carbohydrates are broken down to simple sugars by pancreatic amylase.’
- ‘The French physiologist Claude Bernard showed in the 1840s that both pancreatic juice and bile (from the liver) were necessary for the absorption of fat.’
- ‘A higher fiber diet, a complete vegetarian diet, or pancreatic digestive enzyme may be of benefit.’
- ‘In recent years, it has become clear that the islets secrete several more hormones, including gastrin and pancreatic polypeptide.’
- ‘The enzymes enter the narrowest ducts of the branching secretory system, and then pass by larger and larger ducts to the single pancreatic duct itself.’
- ‘Patients with pancreatic insufficiency have difficulty absorbing calcium and are especially at risk for developing osteoporosis.’
- ‘The findings may help in part to explain the failure of previous transplantation trials of pancreatic islets in diabetic patients.’
- ‘Extremely high blood fat levels can cause recurrent abdominal pain due to pancreatic inflammation.’
- ‘One of the objectives was to assess the safety of administering the gene therapy locally to the pancreatic tumour.’
- ‘A healthy pancreas produces about 1.5 quarts of pancreatic juice a day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.