One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of the pancreas.
- ‘Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy was performed.’
- ‘After the distal pancreatectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma, the patient received radiation and radiosensitizing chemotherapy treatments.’
- ‘At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.’
- ‘An exploratory laparotomy with distal pancreatectomy was subsequently performed.’
- ‘Gross examination of the distal pancreatectomy surgical specimen received from the second patient revealed alternating firm and edematous areas in the distal 7.3 cm of the pancreas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.