(in Ayurvedic medicine) a fivefold detoxification treatment involving massage, herbal therapy, and other procedures.
- ‘In subsequent visits, she began an herbal regimen to control the lupus and, at one point, underwent panchakarma (deep tissue massage and other cleansing techniques).’
- ‘The set of procedures that follow the main therapies of panchakarma, called paschatkarma, are aimed at assisting the body in the re-establishment of healthy metabolic system and immunity.’
- ‘In this case, a traditional Ayurvedic detoxification program referred to as Maharishi Rejuvenation Therapy, or panchakarma, may be needed to clear the body's channels and gain relief.’
- ‘Fasting forms an integral part of the fivefold Ayurvedic massage therapy called panchakarma with a view to cleansing the body before the actual medicated detoxification begins.’
- ‘In this issue of New Life Journal, you'll discover your dosha, deepen your life with Sadhana practice and meditation, give your partner a Thai massage, harmonize your diet, and discover the benefits of panchakarma.’
From Sanskrit panca ‘five’ + karma ‘action’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.