One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Panama or its people.‘the hot Panamanian morning sun’
- ‘He is Panamanian by birth, but a New Yorker since age 4.’
- ‘Panamanian Spanish is spoken very rapidly in a distinctive accent.’
- ‘In the book's music section, Rodriguez writes about the Panamanian-born singer and actor's political activism.’
- ‘Our Panamanian guide is an expert birdwatcher, and the leader is a naturalist.’
- ‘Lively salsa - a mixture of Latin American popular music, rhythm and blues, jazz, and rock, is a Panamanian specialty.’
A native or inhabitant of Panama, or a person of Panamanian descent.‘a number of Panamanians have played in the North American major leagues’
- ‘Perez gave the Panamanians a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute.’
- ‘A public referendum saw 76.8% of Panamanians vote in support of the project, as did the national assembly.’
- ‘José, a Panamanian, organizes farm work.’
- ‘Panamanians will celebrate their canal's anniversary with an evening of fireworks and a free concert.’
- ‘The blend of local Panamanians, indigenous Indians and gringo ex-pats makes for a very intersting lifestyle and social circle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.