Of, relating to, representing, or involving all the countries of North and South America.
- ‘Someone said the same thing was happening in New York and Chicago in a pan-American doomsday.’
- ‘An unprecedented pan-American alliance of campaigners has mobilized popular education and protest against the trade agreement, which they see as anti-democratic.’
- ‘The vision includes consolidating Mexico's position in a pan-American trading block, but important social improvements are envisaged as well.’
- ‘The issue was a constant bone of contention throughout the period between the first and the sixth pan-American conferences.’
- ‘This pan-American organization was created in 1990 to bring opposition forces together and to develop common policy initiatives.’