One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to, representing, or involving all the countries of North and South America.
- ‘The vision includes consolidating Mexico's position in a pan-American trading block, but important social improvements are envisaged as well.’
- ‘The issue was a constant bone of contention throughout the period between the first and the sixth pan-American conferences.’
- ‘Someone said the same thing was happening in New York and Chicago in a pan-American doomsday.’
- ‘An unprecedented pan-American alliance of campaigners has mobilized popular education and protest against the trade agreement, which they see as anti-democratic.’
- ‘This pan-American organization was created in 1990 to bring opposition forces together and to develop common policy initiatives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.