Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The principle or advocacy of the political union of all the indigenous inhabitants of Africa.
- ‘One also should consider the streetside pan-Africanism of politically charged music, reflecting a widespread sense of a shared destiny, especially among the continent's youth.’
- ‘Consideration of these issues leads you on to the perspective of pan-Africanism.’
- ‘I like work that deals with pan-Africanism and revolution.’
- ‘When I was growing up, we had big Utopias: pan-Africanism, African liberation.’
- ‘The idea of pan-Africanism became the basis for the foundation of the Organization of African Unity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.