One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to all people of African birth or descent.
- ‘She is also the executive secretary of a pan-African partnership, the African Council for Sustainable Health Development.’
- ‘And the channel pledges to make stars out of some aspiring African musicians, as it launches its first pan-African channel.’
- ‘Such a scenario would strike at the heart of one of the very few things the African Union actually stands for: pan-African unity.’
- ‘In Britain, he became active in the West African Students' Union and met several Black African leaders campaigning for independence and a pan-African movement.’
- ‘Key institutions that will require substantial funding include a standby force to intervene in humanitarian and natural disasters, and a pan-African parliament that will sit in South Africa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.