One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who practices palmistry; a palm-reader.
fortune teller, palm reader, clairvoyant, chiromancerView synonyms
- ‘Selection bias partly explains why there are so many satisfied customers who go to psychics, tarot card readers, palmists, and faith healers.’
- ‘They are identified by palmists as head lines, heart lines, life lines, and fate or destiny lines, and are alleged to be useful in predicting a person's future.’
- ‘I am a palmist; I read from the lines in your hand.’
- ‘Making ink prints of the hands is one method palmists use to insure all lines can be visualised.’
- ‘There were coffee houses which offered fortune tellers, palmists, physiognomists, job counselors and origami instructors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.