One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alcoholic drink made from fermented palm sap.
- ‘When the guests had sat down and been given a drink of palm wine, the ceremony began.’
- ‘Favorite drinks among the villagers include palm wine and home-brewed beer.’
- ‘As these items are costly, most people can only afford local beverages such as maize beer and palm wine.’
- ‘Nigerians in the coastal regions drink palm wine and locally brewed beer.’
- ‘Beverages include palm wine and alcoholic drinks made from cassava.’
- ‘Traditional beer and palm wine is brewed for these special occasions, which usually involve singing and dancing.’
- ‘They climbed trees to tap palm wine or fermented grain beers from harvest surpluses.’
- ‘Many families will serve one of several local alcoholic beverages such as palm wine, grain alcohol, rum, or beer.’
- ‘They offered him palm wine and he drank too much and fell asleep.’
- ‘Traditionally palm wine was produced in the south, while millet beer was brewed and consumed by the northern peoples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.