One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was treated palliatively but died from disseminated disease two months later.’
- ‘Radiation therapy is used palliatively to treat symptoms such as pain, obstruction, and bleeding, as well as therapeutically to treat bone métastases and spinal cord compression.’
- ‘Two patients with cancer of papilla of Vater were palliatively treated with endoscopic resection.’
- ‘With the diagnosis of mucoepidermoid carcinoma, the patient was treated palliatively with external beam radiation therapy including neck in a series of 30 daily fractions as he refused surgery.’
- ‘The patients receiving radical treatment had a greater need for information about side effects than did those being treated palliatively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.