One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was treated palliatively but died from disseminated disease two months later.’
- ‘The patients receiving radical treatment had a greater need for information about side effects than did those being treated palliatively.’
- ‘With the diagnosis of mucoepidermoid carcinoma, the patient was treated palliatively with external beam radiation therapy including neck in a series of 30 daily fractions as he refused surgery.’
- ‘Two patients with cancer of papilla of Vater were palliatively treated with endoscopic resection.’
- ‘Radiation therapy is used palliatively to treat symptoms such as pain, obstruction, and bleeding, as well as therapeutically to treat bone métastases and spinal cord compression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.