One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large window consisting of a central arched section flanked by two narrow rectangular sections.
- ‘A louvered Palladian window in the center of the pediment has quarter-round louvers on each side.’
- ‘Above the three entrance doors is a Palladian window flanked by two large sash windows, and in the pediment there is an oval window surrounded by graceful foliate carvings.’
- ‘Its centerpiece is a Palladian window with a central panel.’
- ‘A Palladian window still dominates this rear view; it is Johnson Hall's single most conspicuous concession to formal British architectural style.’
- ‘The mansion had a symmetrical front, with narrow side windows flanking the front door; there were five windows across the second floor, including a Palladian window in the middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.