One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A layer of parallel elongated cells below the epidermis of a leaf.
- ‘Alethopteris generally has small, thick pinnules with a thick epidermis and hypodermis, sunken stomata, epidermal hairs, and an adaxial palisade layer with abaxial spongy mesophyll.’
- ‘Therefore, cell files of the palisade layer, located between two adjacent vascular bundles, were used for measurement.’
- ‘In the palisade layer adjacent to the lignified counterpalisade cells, the outer periclinal walls stained intensely with berberine - aniline blue, emitting a yellowish green fluorescence under UV light.’
- ‘Lateral cell expansion was estimated from the number of epidermal cells and cells in the first palisade layer intersecting a 100 m line.’
- ‘The palisade layer in Glycine seeds has been identified as the site of the barrier to diffusion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.