One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The temperature or mean temperature of a locality at a time in the geological past.
- ‘Determination of maximum palaeotemperatures over a range of depths allows the palaeogeothermal gradient at the onset of cooling to be determined.’
- ‘In this Port Waikato example, samples successively closer to the modern coastline experienced progressively higher palaeotemperatures in the past.’
- ‘Palaeothermal data provide no evidence for elevated Palaeogene palaeotemperatures indicative of deeper burial, and thus question the basis of Palaeogene exhumation.’
- ‘He developed a means of inferring marine paleotemperatures over geologic time by measuring the oxygen isotope ratios of carbonates in marine sediments.’
- ‘This shows clearly that maximum palaeotemperatures decreased eastward independent of stratigraphic position.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.