The study of geographical features at particular times in the geological past.
- ‘The science of paleogeography has improved immeasurably over the last few decades.’
- ‘Moreover, the collections have played an integral role in understanding western North American paleogeography, and the past climatic changes that have shaped this region's modern biota.’
- ‘The Late Jurassic palaeogeography of the northern Antarctic Peninsula region has been the focus of a series of studies in the last two decades.’
- ‘However, the interrelationship between tectonic activity, global sea level change, and the change of paleogeography played a significant role.’
- ‘These are also the areas in which the traditional use of invertebrate macrofossils in biostratigraphy and paleogeography offers the potential for resolving major geological debates.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.