An environment prevailing at a particular time in the geological past.
- ‘The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.’
- ‘Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.’
- ‘By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.’
- ‘The paleoenvironment under which Burmese amber was produced was perhaps the warmest tropical climate of any Cretaceous amber forest, with a rich biotic diversity.’
- ‘The paleoenvironment probably represents an open marine, shallow shelf habitat.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.