One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An environment prevailing at a particular time in the geological past.
- ‘Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.’
- ‘The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.’
- ‘The paleoenvironment probably represents an open marine, shallow shelf habitat.’
- ‘The paleoenvironment under which Burmese amber was produced was perhaps the warmest tropical climate of any Cretaceous amber forest, with a rich biotic diversity.’
- ‘By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.