Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who advocates old or traditional forms of conservatism; an extremely right-wing conservative.→ paleocon
- ‘Keep up your fine work and best wishes to you from a paleo-conservative.’
- ‘I think it's unfair to call them paleo-conservatives by the way.’
- ‘His words are still echoed today by many paleo-conservatives, and are still quoted with approval even by bestselling authors.’
- ‘The book itself, which I do not intend to read, seems to be mostly well-known paleo-conservative stuff.’
- ‘I'm not sure I agree with the whole neo-conservative, traditional conservative, paleo-conservative paradigm alleged.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.