Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of fossil plants.
- ‘One of the most important aspects of paleobotany is establishing relationships between the organisms that we encounter in the fossil record.’
- ‘The study of fossil plants, palaeobotany, it not only of interest in itself, but can be applied to solving a wide range of biological and geological problems.’
- ‘The study of paleobotany relies on this preserved material - fossils - as evidence of past life.’
- ‘By my senior year of high school in 1952, I was fascinated by paleobotany, from the ‘butterfly chasing’ of systematic work to work that intertwines with other geoscience endeavors.’
- ‘Her passion for paleobotany was already developing by this time, and after graduating she went to the Botanical Institute in Munich, where she was the only woman among five hundred students.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.