Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The biology of fossil animals and plants.
- ‘Yet the majority of the book emphasizes dinosaur osteology, systematics, and the fossil record; paleobiology takes a back seat to this important foundation.’
- ‘Perhaps nowhere else in the literature is the integration between field stratigraphy, paleoecology, and paleobiology better illustrated than in this research.’
- ‘Studies of the preserved dung and animal remains are beginning to provide insight into large mammal paleobiology and community development during the Holocene.’
- ‘The method of this work will facilitate studies of growth and forms of fossil molluscs in the framework of developmental paleobiology.’
- ‘The most frustrating aspect of glossopterid paleobiology is that no one is really certain what these plants looked like.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.