One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See pairs skating
- ‘Her triumphs have included guiding Alexei Yagudin, Ilya Kulik, and the pairs skaters Klimova and Pomorenko, and Rodnina and Zaitsev, to Olympic gold.’
- ‘Pair skaters have awfully sparse costumes compared to the luxurious gowns of ice dancers.’
- ‘They have already developed a style that shows amazing unison, more like ice dancers than typical pairs skaters.’
- ‘Singles and pairs skaters train only two - a short program and a long program.’
- ‘The Chinese pairs skaters are shown here pushing the envelope, adding a fourth revolution to their aerial moves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.