One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The plot is straightforward and predictable to the point of painfulness.’
- ‘Having lived alone for periods at one time, I can vouch for its painfulness; and also the opportunity for self-examination.’
- ‘Lately I've been thinking - and dreaming - about people I've loved who have died, about the painfulness of losing them and how it never really goes away, just becomes different with the passage of time.’
- ‘He conveys the painfulness of life without condemning life.’
- ‘Having previously described the painfulness of chest tube removal, my colleagues and I decided to intervene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.