One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The alleviation of pain, typically by means of medication.
- ‘Give medications that relax the child and medications that provide pain relief.’
- ‘It usually takes a few weeks of daily applications before you feel noticeable pain relief.’
- ‘Injecting knees with intra-articular saline after arthroscopy seems to produce good pain relief.’
- ‘If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.’
- ‘Heat applied to the area of pain may help with pain relief e.g. holding a hot water bottle to the lower abdomen.’
- ‘In mild cases topical pain relief such as gels or creams can be useful.’
- ‘Taking pain relief before being seen by a doctor will ‘mask’ the symptoms of the injury.’
- ‘Although women receiving epidural analgesia had a longer second stage of labour, they had better pain relief.’
- ‘Epidural anaesthesia is a safe and reliable method of pain relief.’
- ‘The aims of first aid should be to stop the burning process, cool the burn, provide pain relief, and cover the burn.’
- ‘Spinal pain relief, or epidurals, are routinely given after operations.’
- ‘There is no evidence that acupuncture can treat cancer, though it could be used effectively for pain relief.’
- ‘She wants pain relief as quickly as possible and asks if she should go to a chiropractor.’
- ‘Understand your options for pain relief so that you can better work with your medical team.’
- ‘In doing so, pain relief is obtained and physical therapy can be used to help restore function.’
- ‘Significant pain relief was evident at the first measurement, 4 hours after the first dose of treatment.’
- ‘The anaesthetist or surgeon will usually discuss the options for pain relief with each patient before surgery.’
- ‘Injections into joints or trigger points can provide pain relief for months at a time.’
- ‘The underlying pathology of neck disorders remains unclear, so treatments are aimed at pain relief.’
- ‘Where available, more than one in five women will request epidurals for pain relief in labour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.