Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not feeling or causing pain.‘getting into good work habits now can ensure a lifetime of pain-free typing’
pain-free, under anaestheticView synonyms
- ‘He was pain-free at the time of the interview.’
- ‘They might also be called upon to help very old, sick animals die in a relatively pain-free manner.’
- ‘The good news is that hip replacement should leave you pain-free.’
- ‘Laser acupuncture offers distinct advantages over the traditional method because the procedure is pain-free and non-traumatic.’
- ‘For music teachers, this means teaching ergonomically correct, pain-free movement techniques from the very beginning of study.’
- ‘Often the treatment goal may be a return to pain-free or even less painful daily activity instead of sports.’
- ‘Move each joint through its full pain-free range of motion at least once a day.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the liver biopsy is neither pain-free, nor without potential for complications.’
- ‘In the periodic passage of gallstones, the intervals of remission are usually completely pain-free.’
- ‘Working together, you and your medical team can make your postoperative recuperation as pain-free as possible.’
- ‘I am angry that my podiatrist chose to operate on my toenails rather than steer me to a natural, less costly pain-free method.’
- ‘Five patients were restored to a pain-free state.’
- ‘The first night she tried this remedy she was pain-free for the first time in years.’
- ‘He made a full recovery and was able to return to pain-free bowling after 8 weeks.’
- ‘With a workout that focuses on the back, you can help back pain sufferers return to a pain-free life.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.