One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic device, usually worn on one's person, that receives messages and signals the user by beeping or vibrating.
- ‘Many modern digital cellphones and pagers allow users to disable audible ringing, so they can quietly pick up calls in public places or have the phone take messages.’
- ‘We have the latest in wireless technology, from pagers and cell phones to palm pilot accessories, all for the busy man on the go.’
- ‘Let's concentrate on the big three of wireless convenience devices: pagers, cell phones and e-mail.’
- ‘These are kids who've had access to cell phones, pagers and personal computers all their lives.’
- ‘Personally, I agree that it's rude to leave cell phones and pagers on during meetings or seminars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.