Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instance of an Internet user visiting a particular page on a website.
- ‘Yesterday he served 2 million pages views in 24 hours for the first time.’
- ‘That amounts to 84 page views per household per day.’
- ‘The relationship between page views and sessions is highlighted in this section.’
- ‘They are based on page views and unique audience.’
- ‘On a monthly basis, the site now gets more than 1 billion page views.’
- ‘The backers had overestimated the site's ability to convert page views into revenues, a fundamental error made by many dot-coms, she says.’
- ‘Unlike us, they now had a site with more than 7 million page views a day.’
- ‘You'll generate a huge amount of page views, which is what wins in the market today.’
- ‘Its sites commanded 35 million page views in March.’
- ‘In France, we have gotten 85 million page views in two weeks.’
- ‘In Germany, after 100 days, we received 250 million page views.’
- ‘Since the November relaunch, the site has seen a 13 percent increase in weekly visits and an 8 percent increase in page views.’
- ‘In December 1999, page views soared to 39 million.’
- ‘To structure content, three Web sites with the largest number of page views were determined for each panelist.’
- ‘It's all about traffic; the site with the most page views wins.’
- ‘The site gets 10,000 page views per day.’
- ‘Forget about clicks, hits, and page views.’
- ‘This helped grow the site traffic by 33%, which translated to an extra 400,000 visitors and 8 million page views a month.’
- ‘That would be 300 million page views.’
- ‘They do it because the more people who download files from their websites means the more page views they get.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.