One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exciting book.
- ‘The reader will need a chapter or two to fall into the rhythm of the dialect, but the book quickly becomes a page-turner.’
- ‘It is a stunning book, a page-turner and thought-provoker.’
- ‘Captivating writing on such diverse topics makes this book a page-turner.’
- ‘I've read them all, and most of those page-turners kept me awake far too late, too often.’
- ‘In the end, what really makes this book a page-turner is the nagging question of what happened to Gabriella Hartman.’
- ‘Overall, it was a gripping story, and obviously a page-turner that raises some interesting ethical questions.’
- ‘She needed escape, a page-turner that wasn't so intense that it would stress her out, so romantic that she'd fall apart, or so violent she'd lose sleep.’
- ‘But it is also a highly enjoyable read - one might even say it's a page-turner, if books of this genre are permitted to be labeled as such.’
- ‘As such, his book is a wonderful gift - a page-turner that teaches, using words and images that stick in the mind.’
- ‘Journals is actually quite an invasive read, but there is no doubt it's a compulsive page-turner.’
- ‘She says it's an incredible page-turner that's kept her reading late at night four nights in a row, as she simply couldn't put it down.’
- ‘As in all the chapters, David (a photo editor and avid photographer) maintains the excitement visually with pictures and page designs that make such a book a page-turner.’
- ‘What makes a page-turner, an irresistible read, a story or book that you can't put down?’
- ‘Quirky features like these make the novel a real page-turner.’
- ‘Even though we know the outcome, the story is a page-turner.’
- ‘I thought at first that it was quite a page-turner, but eventually I found myself yearning for the end to come.’
- ‘What makes a novel a page-turner, besides a great story line, is pacing.’
- ‘Overall, the story was quite a page-turner (I read through it during my lunch breaks over 3 days), and I will probably read it again in the near future.’
- ‘It's certainly a page-turner, despite the sometimes flat tone of the writing; there's a eyebrow raising passage every two pages.’
- ‘Brown has created the veritable page-turner, a book that moves at a breakneck speed along the edge of a cliff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.