One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small pleasure boat driven by pedals that in turn drive a paddle wheel.
- ‘Then spend four days floating the Class III Rogue River, refining the skills you need to guide a private paddleboat or oar boat downstream.’
- ‘You won't find any pirate ships or a regularly scheduled volcano eruption, but guests can kayak or take out a paddleboat to explore the lake and its bays, some with new luxury homes, others thick with reeds and wildlife.’
- ‘A former rock quarry, the 65-acre park has a sand beach for swimming, or you can cool off in a paddleboat.’
- ‘Like many of them, the back half of the Nicholson's house belongs to their 23-foot Bayliner Cierra plus a paddleboat, some water toys and Jeanne's kayak.’
- ‘Cameron Lake was closed to all motorized watercraft, but did offer canoes, rowboats and paddleboats for rental.’
- ‘The amusement parks there offer great entertainment by way of kiddy rides, paddleboats, wooden roller coaster rides, etc.’
- ‘At Mission Bay Park you can rent paddleboats, kayaks and sailboats or take the paved loop and get a great eyeball workout.’
- ‘The massive Mississippi rolls along its side, the name evoking images of paddleboats and Huckleberry Finn.’
- ‘Take a paddleboat up the Chena River to an authentic Native village, where salmon, freshly caught in the fishing wheel, dry in the alder smokehouse.’
- ‘In one scene, for instance, the woman and her dog are following behind a large ocean liner in their paddleboat.’
- ‘We were going to go for a paddleboat ride on the lake, but they were closed, so we just sat by the side of the lake and relaxed, before going to the airport, where I was to fly out of Canberra.’
- ‘The family decided to sell it, leaving behind the paddleboat, a rowboat, a riding lawnmower, several television sets, exercise equipment and lots of furniture.’
- ‘In addition to swimming and sunbathing here, guests may enjoy miniature golf, table tennis, volleyball, and paddleboats.’
- ‘There are swan-shaped paddleboats, and locals dress as bunnies and love-sick cowboys.’
- ‘The fleet of six human-powered passenger paddleboats in a Swan motif began to shuttle passengers around the Public Garden Lagoon on April 16 at a leisurely two miles per hour.’
- ‘They might want amusement, ranging from something as simple as a paddleboat to sophisticated theme bars and beach dance floors.’
- ‘We stopped at a park that had a lake for paddleboats and a baseball diamond on one side.’
- ‘Patrons are just as willing to take a paddleboat out on a lava lake as they were to go on a flume ride when it's zero degrees out and snowing.’
- ‘We join them in their rented paddleboat and head out into the Adriatic sea until we reach a point where we are surrounded by jellyfish.’
- ‘He hijacks a dilapidated paddleboat as the villagers gather supplies for the 300-mile river voyage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.