One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played with a light ball and wooden bat in a four-walled handball court.
- ‘I used to go swimming, play paddleball and all kinds of little games at the gym, but no more.’
- ‘Hoop earrings were popular and every cheek was pink from the sun and too much beach paddleball.’
- ‘Her late mother, Barbara May, won the 1977 Laguna Open, played soccer and paddleball and was a nationally ranked UCLA tennis player good enough to compete in a qualifier at Wimbledon.’
- ‘To blast calories while really working your upper body, try boxing, martial arts, badminton, tennis, paddleball, canoeing, kayaking, rowing or swimming - or play basketball, volleyball, softball or even try fencing.’
- ‘The boy wears a baseball cap with an insignia showing two tennis racquets or paddleball racquets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.