A horse's saddle designed for supporting packs.
- ‘Each mule carried 250 pounds lashed with a diamond hitch onto a rough leather packsaddle called an aparejo.’
- ‘Needless to say, his moves would be accompanied by the humming of a latest Govinda number, and boy, would he miss an opportunity to adjust his rear view mirror for a good glimpse of his packsaddle rider behind.’
- ‘Prices were strongest for RM's horse riding gear - a packsaddle brought more than $5,000, leather stirrups $1,100, and a pair of spurs sold for more than $900.’
- ‘It was fastened to a packsaddle on the back of my grandma's favorite mare.’
- ‘We turned and headed back the way we had come, the camels crashing down the mulga like portable scrub clearing engines mounted with packsaddles and water jerry cans.’