One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse's saddle designed for supporting packs.
- ‘Each mule carried 250 pounds lashed with a diamond hitch onto a rough leather packsaddle called an aparejo.’
- ‘It was fastened to a packsaddle on the back of my grandma's favorite mare.’
- ‘Prices were strongest for RM's horse riding gear - a packsaddle brought more than $5,000, leather stirrups $1,100, and a pair of spurs sold for more than $900.’
- ‘Needless to say, his moves would be accompanied by the humming of a latest Govinda number, and boy, would he miss an opportunity to adjust his rear view mirror for a good glimpse of his packsaddle rider behind.’
- ‘We turned and headed back the way we had come, the camels crashing down the mulga like portable scrub clearing engines mounted with packsaddles and water jerry cans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.