Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A store that sells alcoholic beverages in sealed containers for consumption elsewhere; a liquor store.
- ‘The NAS report does in fact mention one study of the effect of alcohol delivery on underage access to alcohol - a study of keg and alcohol delivery by traditional package stores.’
- ‘His new Riverside Lounge opened, with a small package store in front and a bar in the rear, where jazz bands would play on the weekends.’
- ‘They've got an alcohol request list that would stock a small package store.’
- ‘‘We may shift some of our marketing from restaurants to package stores, but our goal is to get people to try it and build our brand that way,’ he said.’
- ‘At base package stores or shoppettes, those E - 3 and below can buy only six 12-ounce beers or wine coolers per day.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.