A store that sells alcoholic beverages in sealed containers for consumption elsewhere; a liquor store.
- ‘His new Riverside Lounge opened, with a small package store in front and a bar in the rear, where jazz bands would play on the weekends.’
- ‘‘We may shift some of our marketing from restaurants to package stores, but our goal is to get people to try it and build our brand that way,’ he said.’
- ‘The NAS report does in fact mention one study of the effect of alcohol delivery on underage access to alcohol - a study of keg and alcohol delivery by traditional package stores.’
- ‘At base package stores or shoppettes, those E - 3 and below can buy only six 12-ounce beers or wine coolers per day.’
- ‘They've got an alcohol request list that would stock a small package store.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.