One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nineteenth century empires calculated they needed two - and - a - half times the troops for pacification as for battlefield victory.’
- ‘Very soon after the initial pacification of the country and the onset of humanitarian relief and economic reconstruction, the task of political reconstruction must begin.’
- ‘The disputes in this island in the mid-1980s were becoming increasingly violent and initial attempts at pacifications had ended in failure.’
- ‘It is obvious that warfighting objectives are different from stabilization tasks and therefore the deployment of troops should be done in the knowledge that pacification requires a wider presence.’
- ‘As part of the pacification of the Highlands after the collapse of the Jacobite rising of 1689-90 a royal order required all clan chieftains to take an oath of allegiance to William and Mary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.