One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveNorth American
- ‘The pacesetting electrical slow waves of the intestine, described in Chapter V, account both for the constant fundamental period of rhythmic contractions and for the progression of peristaltic contractions.’
- ‘Bailey piloted Ice Wynnd Fire to a pacesetting win in Saturday's race.’
- ‘Stern and his colleagues soon had to emigrate; Stern came to the US but never regained a pacesetting role in research.’
- ‘Two Trail Sioux, who snapped a five-race win streak in her previous start, was back on track Saturday as she flew to a pacesetting win in the $330,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap at Churchill Downs.’
- ‘The Saleen was the faster of the two cars, but was further delayed when it banged doors with one of the two pacesetting Corvettes, briefly skating off the circuit and then having to pit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.