One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in rally driving) notes made before a rally by a competitor about the characteristics of a particular course, especially with regard to advisable speeds for each section.
- ‘He completed the final test, satisfied to have gained crucial experience of the most specialised rally in the championship and to have improved his pace notes for future years.’
- ‘Instead of drivers making two practice passes over the speed tests before the rally start to prepare their pace notes, they will only make one.’
- ‘Having competed here twice before, we have some good pace notes,’ he commented.’
- ‘Despite never having rallied or followed pace notes, Williams clocked a respectable 3.35 minutes for first stage, but broke down on the second.’
- ‘But I know from our pace notes if there's a corner coming, and I just have to concentrate and make sure I know which way the corner's going.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.