One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a region in a semiconductor in which electrical conduction is due chiefly to the movement of positive holes.Often contrasted with n-type
- ‘When the researchers instead replaced the next two thiophenes from the ends, the molecule behaved as a p-type semiconductor.’
- ‘This type of conduction is known as p-type conduction.’
- ‘Instead, it must wait until it passes through the depletion region, and into the p-type region, where it is met with a huge concentration of holes, and can recombine.’
- ‘We could create, for example, a thin n-type region surrounded by a p-type region.’
- ‘Likewise, we could create a p-type layer just as thin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.