Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting a region in a semiconductor in which electrical conduction is due chiefly to the movement of positive holes.Often contrasted with n-type
- ‘Instead, it must wait until it passes through the depletion region, and into the p-type region, where it is met with a huge concentration of holes, and can recombine.’
- ‘When the researchers instead replaced the next two thiophenes from the ends, the molecule behaved as a p-type semiconductor.’
- ‘This type of conduction is known as p-type conduction.’
- ‘Likewise, we could create a p-type layer just as thin.’
- ‘We could create, for example, a thin n-type region surrounded by a p-type region.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.