One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
in combination Para-‘p-xylene’
3British Penny or pence.
5in combination (in units of measurement) pico- (10¹²)‘a 220 pf capacitor’
Denoting electrons and orbitals possessing one unit of angular momentum.
3(in tables of sports results) games played.
4(on an automatic gearshift) park.
5(on road signs and street plans) parking.
8in combination (in units of measurement) peta- (10¹⁵)‘27 PBq of radioactive material’
Poise (unit of viscosity).
The chemical element phosphorus.
1The sixteenth letter of the alphabet.
- ‘Lets have an S for Speedy, and a P for Polly, intertwined on the top of the cake, in red frosting.’
- ‘I have a P for Patricia and J for my name Joy.. so technically it's PJ!’
- ‘One key to knowing which marketing programs to choose involves thoroughly understanding how to leverage the 4 Ps of marketing - price, product, promotion, and place - to reach and appeal to your target audience(s).’
- 1.1 Denoting the next after O (or N if O is omitted) in a set of items, categories, etc.
- ‘Now for each r, let p be the next larger even integer.’
- ‘Let P be the set of all finite subsets of N.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.