[in combination] Para-‘p-xylene’
3British Penny or pence.
5[in combination] (in units of measurement) pico- (10¹²)‘a 220 pf capacitor’
Denoting electrons and orbitals possessing one unit of angular momentum.
1The sixteenth letter of the alphabet.
- ‘Lets have an S for Speedy, and a P for Polly, intertwined on the top of the cake, in red frosting.’
- ‘I have a P for Patricia and J for my name Joy.. so technically it's PJ!’
- ‘One key to knowing which marketing programs to choose involves thoroughly understanding how to leverage the 4 Ps of marketing - price, product, promotion, and place - to reach and appeal to your target audience(s).’
- 1.1Denoting the next after O (or N if O is omitted) in a set of items, categories, etc.
- ‘Let P be the set of all finite subsets of N.’
- ‘Now for each r, let p be the next larger even integer.’
3(in tables of sports results) games played.
4(on an automatic gearshift) park.
5(on road signs and street plans) parking.
8[in combination] (in units of measurement) peta- (10¹⁵)‘27 PBq of radioactive material’
Poise (unit of viscosity)
The chemical element phosphorus.