Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective ozonized
1Convert (oxygen) into ozone.
- ‘The present invention relates to an ozone generator used for an ozonizer and more particularly to an ozone generator that ozonizes oxygen in a space to which oxygen is introduced using silent discharge by high-frequency high voltage.’
- ‘The electrical apparatus acts to ozonize (create ozone in) the air as well as to electrostatically precipitate dust.’
- 1.1 Enrich or treat with ozone.‘ozonized air’
- ‘The ozonized gas and the fluid emerging from the radiation chamber are then combined to a separate collector vessel.’
- ‘Experimental results showed that the ozonizing process had an excellent de-color efficiency and could improve the biodegradability of wastewater.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.