One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective ozonized
1Convert (oxygen) into ozone.
- ‘The present invention relates to an ozone generator used for an ozonizer and more particularly to an ozone generator that ozonizes oxygen in a space to which oxygen is introduced using silent discharge by high-frequency high voltage.’
- ‘The electrical apparatus acts to ozonize (create ozone in) the air as well as to electrostatically precipitate dust.’
- 1.1 Enrich or treat with ozone.‘ozonized air’
- ‘Experimental results showed that the ozonizing process had an excellent de-color efficiency and could improve the biodegradability of wastewater.’
- ‘The ozonized gas and the fluid emerging from the radiation chamber are then combined to a separate collector vessel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.